www.cowries.info
SHELL - TALK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The harder I work the luckier I get

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cribraria Kid

PostPosted: 31.01.2010, 03:23    Post subject: The harder I work the luckier I get Reply with quote

For your viewing pleasure, a few selected highlights from what has turned out to be a only a reasonable Summer thus far.

53mm gem ( legitimately so)- without doubt the best rosselli I've seen in a long time. North of Rottnest 28 metres

LHS 90.1 mm Fine ++ Big, wide and well marked, deep water friendii (couple of nacre windows). North of Rottnest 30 metres

RHS 77.2mm Fine + bulbous deep water friendii with full set of columellor teeth. (couln't get a good enough image) A friendii with a few "jeaniana like" characteristics. North of Rottnest 30 metres.

Top RHS 64.4mm Well marked Stragglers margie-unusual colours for the location.

64.9mm Well coloured Carnac shell- nice cream margins,

Top RHS 55.2mm unusual two-tone margie from Stragglers .

Bottom LHS53.6mm pale, small and rotund margie from North of Rottnest, in 18 metres.

52.5mm small and well marked male margie from Garden Island

Top RHS 63.1mm Dark red with grey margin halo, from 15 metres off Rottnest

57.8mm 30% black from Stragglers. The black nacre, covers an area over a small dorsal gowth line

Botton RHS 55.1 mm 90% black from Carnac in 14 metres

54mm black blotch over the top RHS of dorsum-again over area of a small growth line. Garden Island 10 metres
XEP-BAM

PostPosted: 31.01.2010, 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice venustas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sehr glücklich
ozcyp

PostPosted: 02.02.2010, 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shells there CK. I like all of them, especially the interesting friendii with jeaniana traits. The dark red venusta is killer Geschockt ... Keep the pics coming from your dives.
Stolida Boy

PostPosted: 02.02.2010, 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Keep them coming!
cheers SB
Notocypraea

PostPosted: 17.02.2010, 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

You reckon these are good! You want to see what he found today!!! Geschockt

It's like Master & the apprentice here! Mit den Augen rollen

Simon
cowryman3sai

PostPosted: 07.06.2010, 01:56    Post subject: Garden island? Reply with quote

I'm aware there are many incredible island locations to search for what you are looking for but everytime I hear Garden Island something tells me its a very special place.Could one describe its possible uniqueness over various other localities? Smilie
Notocypraea

PostPosted: 07.06.2010, 06:25    Post subject: Re: Garden island? Reply with quote

cowryman3sai wrote:
I'm aware there are many incredible island locations to search for what you are looking for but everytime I hear Garden Island something tells me its a very special place.Could one describe its possible uniqueness over various other localities? Smilie

G'day,

if you see Garden island as the locality data for a shell then it does cover quite a large area and a number of possible sites. Nice place to dive sure but many shells listed as Garden island are in actual fact probably collected some distance from the actual island! It's actually a Naval controlled island with a large causeway connecting it to the mainland.

Crib Kid would be in the best position to talk more about this Island. I don't personally believe it is unique in any way really compared with other nearby localities such as Carnac & Rottnest Islands etc. Mainly limestone reef surrounded and to me usually lovely clear shallow water diving with spectacular sponges, soft corals etc.

Regards,
Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cowries.info Forum Index -> My Stars All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: