www.cowries.info
SHELL - TALK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cowries Vol 2 - Notocypraea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cowries.info Forum Index -> Cowries - Volume 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Notocypraea

PostPosted: 15.05.2018, 13:59    Post subject: Cowries Vol 2 - Notocypraea Reply with quote

Finally my eagerly awaited copies of Vol 2 have arrived.
A feast of in-situ & living cowries... amazing work. thank you.

Just an initial question if anyone else is interested in Notocypraea...

1. Notocypraea declivis plate 168 Specimen 5 & 6.
I personally do not believe that Notocypraea declivis occurs west of Cape Jaffa/ Kingston area in SE South Australia. Peter Clarkson never found so much as a dead shell in the Port Lincoln area, Ive never found it live west of Carpenter Rocks and two hardcore shell diving friends have never found it on the Yorke Peninsula (Gulf St Vincent & Spencer Gulf sides). Does anyone have known specimens West of Kingston in SE South Australia?

2. Notocypraea piperita from Jurien Bay? Do you have further details on the specimen from plate 170 No.17?
interesting looking specimen, wonder how long ago it was collected?
Furtherest North I've seen live piperita was Bunker bay just inside Geographe Bay!

The furtherest North I have a Notocypraea specimen (N.pulicaria) from is Green Head @35m under rock collected by Peter Clarkson many years ago. he mentioned this was as far north as he ever saw Notocypraea.
Green Head is circa 25Km North of Jurien Bay.

Thanks & Regards,
Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.cowries.info Forum Index -> Cowries - Volume 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: